Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Break Time

I've been writing fairly steady since mid-December so I'm going to throttle back for a little while.

It's unseasonably warm in Cincinnati, and I feel like doing outside things. I've got ideas floating around, but I haven't been able to motivate myself to write them, and the feeling of obligation is starting to get counter-productive. It should feel like a treat, not a chore.

So I'm going to take a few weeks time.

UPDATE: I should comment on the brouhaha over at John's blog too. My energy for this endevour is, at the moment, very low, so I'm coming off pretty poorly. I'm motivated by baser feelings of revulsion and outrage, but not any of the more aspirational impulses that often accompany them. I'm just going through the motions over there.

I can't muster the will to do it right, so I might as well recharge the batteries. I'm partly feeling dispirited because John's anti-my-position positions are getting deeper entrenched, in spite of my efforts. The contraceptive battle is getting louder and more vitriolic, and we seem to be reflecting that situation on our blogs.

I'll respond, of course, still. But I'm not going to campaign offensively until I can recharge and regroup.

Also. I'm done following the GOP campaign until the convention. Mitt's got it. We're just going through the motions. Be thinking about good tie breakers for the mustard of glory...

No comments:

Post a Comment