Friday, May 18, 2012

Changing Seasons & Shifting Gears

A long time ago I picked up on a personal truth. When it's cold outside, I'm not necessarily depressed, but I am more introspective and reflective. When it's warm, I become more outgoing, and I have less tolerance for stillness and thinking analytically. Summer is a time for aggressive expansion, winter for consolidation and reorganizing.

Maybe that's not true for everyone, but it's true for me. I figured I'd fall into that rhythm with my writing, and I think that's happening now. I like the idea of writing non-stop, but I don't want to fight this feeling. There are a lot of topics I've been thinking about for the past several weeks. I'm eager to get them out of my brain, but they're really not ready and I don't feel focused enough. It's just not time for that. The summer is for growing ideas. In the fall I'll begin to harvest.

I still intend to write, but I don't want to feel obligated. So, I'm writing this by way of an explanation. I'll get back to work when the time feels right. Now is the time to cook and garden and frolic in the meadow.

1 comment:

  1. This blog is your domain to control. You have no obligation to write unless you choose to accept one.

    Go forth and expand aggressively.

    ReplyDelete